Official City Documents
- Newark Bike Plan (approved by Newark City Council on Feb. 24, 2014) – PDF
- Newark Bike Plan Appendix: Public Outreach and Comments – PDF
The Federal Highway Administration offers bicycle-safety videos and interactive resources for kids ages 5–18.
- Video for elementary school kids, ages 5–9
- Video for middle school kids, ages 10–14
- Video for high school kids, ages 15–18
Commuting by Bicycle
- Bike-commuting brochure, “Bike to Work, Newark!” – PDF
- Bike-commuting leaflets (3-up on a page), “10 Reasons You Should Try Bicycle Commuting” – PDF
- “A Beginner’s Guide to Biking to Work,” a New York Times article, May 30, 2017
Local Bicycle Clubs
Other Helpful Local Resources
- Report a problem on city roads or state roads, such as a traffic signal malfunction, pothole, or debris in the bike lane.
- Get—or fix—a bike, or help others do so. The Newark Bike Project offers “learn to do-it-yourself” repair facilities, bicycle recycling, and educational programs for the Newark, Del., community.
- Learn about bicycle commuting and tax benefits, sign up for the Emergency Ride Home program or find a Bicycle Buddy commuting partner through RideShare Delaware.
- Try biking and transit. All DART buses have bike racks and many Park and Rides have secure bike lockers.
- Request a bike map, report a road problem or learn about Delaware bicycling laws through the Delaware Bicycle Council.