National Bike to Work Day Celebration in Newark
Fri., May 20, 2022, 7:30–8:30 a.m. at Mentors’ Circle
Bike into work, but first, stop off and enjoy the food, hear brief messages from UD and government officials, celebrate with the biking community gathered, and register your attendance when you arrive. In addition, with the City of Newark we will be co-presenting the 2022 Bicycle Friendly Community Leader Award to a very deserving individual.
- Keynote: New Castle County Executive Matt Meyer
- Newark City Manager Tom Coleman
- State Sen. David Sokola
- State Rep. Paul Baumbach
Good Reasons to Bike
- Get Fit: According to the International Bicycle Fund, commuters who begin to ride their bicycles to and from work instead of driving lose an average of 13 pounds during their first year of bike commuting.
- Save Money: According to the Sierra Club, riding a bike to work is 300 times cheaper than driving.
- Improve Your Immune System: A recent study by Dutch economic think tank TNO found people who commuted to work by bike were less likely to call in sick.