August Ride – UD Urban Farm and Botanic Gardens
When: Friday, August 4th
Start: Newark Shopping Center, 5:30 p.m. (arrive at 5:15 for sign-in)
Highlights: UD Urban Farm AND Botanic Gardens
Route Distance: 5 Miles…2 Miles back
After-Ride Social: UDairy Creamery, South College Avenue
Come join us on a slow community ride through the streets and bike paths of Newark, over the South College Avenue Bridge and through the University’s treasured Farm (one of the last remaining urban farms on a University campus!) and loop around to the UDairy Creamery for a refreshing treat. While eating your ice cream you can meander over to the UD Botanic Gardens to enjoy the native plantings and the wildlife that they attract, before heading back to the Newark Shopping Center. We will navigate our way back over the South College Avenue Bridge and along a leg of both the James Hall and Pomeroy Trails.
- All First Friday Rides commence at the Newark Shopping Center at 5:30 p.m. Arrive at 5:15 p.m. for sign-in.
- TREK Bicycles will be offering complimentary services…get your tires pumped up and chain lubed before the ride begins!
- Free parking passes for this community biking event are provided for those who park in the Newark Shopping Center.
- Learn the tricks of navigating safely through Newark and its beautiful surroundings.
BikeNewark liability insurance covers all BikeNewark “Community Members.” Riders may sign-up to become “Community Members” at the Newark Shopping Center prior to all rides.
- Pink represents route to the Creamery
- Turquoise represents route back to Newark Shopping Plaza